One Ball.

One ball. One yellow ball with string was all it took. What is this ball you may ask? Why, it’s much more than just a ball, its life; it’s a softball.

Eight years ago is when this little ball of wonder took over my life. Little did I know that this ball would not only bring me joy, but it would bring me peace and safety. When I have a softball in my hand I feel unstoppable! With this ball I can throw up to speeds of 56-58 mph. I have the courage to dive, slide, and fling myself into the air; just so I won’t let the ball roll by me. When a ball is hit off a bat my body takes over. My muscles know what to do they don’t need my brain. After a play I don’t even know where I am, all I know is that the ball I securely in my hand.

I have traveled all over the United States for this ball, this game. I guess that’s all the ball really is. A game. It is a game that messes that with your head and strains your body. For, some days I want to shove the ball into a closet and never open the door again! But on other days softball is my only escape.
When you have a softball in your hand people don’t judge you by your: hair, clothes or shoes; but by what you to the plate.