Skateboarding This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Everyone needs an outlet for their stress. Mine is skateboarding, the one place I can find peace.

School can get overwhelming, and when basketball is added I feel like my head is going to explode! Riding the streets at night with the wheels thundering beneath me, my problems work themselves out. My head becomes clear and I feel ready to go home and tackle any obstacle. Popeye has spinach, I have skateboarding.

Don’t get the wrong impression, I am an amateur at best, but I think that is why I enjoy it so much. I can completely suck and still have a great time. I began by trying to learn all the flips and tricks but now I just ride and zone out. It makes me feel like the confident, together person I wish I could always be. I hope that these different sides of me will merge and bring the peace skateboarding gives me to all parts of my life.

I hope that everyone finds peace. Without it, our lives can-not be complete. Everything comes in pairs. If you have nothing but disruption and anger you won’t be whole. We all need that peace to counter the frustration and rage we feel every day. If not, then what is the point of living?

One person might read this, one thousand might, but as long as someone listens I’ll feel better. I have skateboarding. What do you have?

skatelando420 said...
Dec. 13, 2010 at 11:06 am
this is sooo true

Ashleigh N. said...
OH EM GEE!
i so love this one,
its awesome!
love it love it love it!