lacross | Teen Ink

lacross

October 19, 2009
By isac nunez BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
isac nunez BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever missed a goal? Have you ever tried to save a goal and failed? Well I have had one of those moments. It was against our rivals the cougars and, It is one of those lacrosse games that is not going great at all. I can’t catch the ball. I can’t even pick up the ball. Every five minutes I would glancing over at the sidelines wondering why the coach hadn’t pulled me out yet. That same question kept buzzing threw my mind. Every time I had a chance to do something right I screwed it up. I had a feeling coach is getting closer and closer to pulling me out but he didn’t.
By now the game is pretty much over. It is far into the fourth quarter and it is tied 4-4. There was about five minutes left in the game. My team was able maintain the ball at the opponents end of the field. After about a minute of struggling to score someone finally got a shot off . It hit the goalie in the mid section and launched just a few feet from the goal. I thought to my self this is my chance to do something right. I sucked up the ball like a vacume cleaner. I felt an adrenaline rush as I ripped an excruciating shot at the goal. It hit the post and richochet almost all the way to mid field. After I ALMOST scored. I got pulled out and sat out the last two minutes of the game.