Cheerleading | Teen Ink

Cheerleading

By Mellie123 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
Mellie123 BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

When I first started cheerleading for the Denver Broncos, I was 6. The first practice I ever went to, I was so nervous! I had never seen so many girls in my life. We all sat down and watched the big cheerleaders dance to a song first so we could see what we were going to learn. When I first saw that dance I thought I was never going to be able to learn that dance or even dance that same dance on the football field in front of hundreds of thousands of people. I thought of being one of those cheerleaders one day. And now I’ve cheerleading for 7 to 8 years now for the Junior Denver Bronco cheerleaders. We have practice every month for the next Bronco game we get to cheer at. We cheer at 4 Bronco games + 1 Rockies game. We also cheer at a lit of fundraisers which bring a lot of money in, for us being there for them. Which is really cool! There are up to 400 girls cheering in the program, its crazy!! Sense there is so many girls in the program we have to have age groups when we cheer on the field. There are 6-9 year olds, 10-12 year olds and 13-16 year olds. We have are practices in the morning at 9:00-11:00 at INVESCO Field at Mile High in the club level! Which is where the football players go to after they play. It’s really awesome to be able to go to these places where usually most people aren’t aloud to go. Also if we have a big game ahead of us that we have to cheer at like holding up the American flag or spelling something on the field, we have to practice on the field! Every game we have to wear an orange leotard, chaps, blue pant, and a vest. We meat at South High School and from there we all take like 10 busses to fit all of us to the stadium. Then we atop at the police building to practice are cheer and have a snack before we go. When we leave we walk to the stadium from there and wait under the stadium until we get the signal to come out onto the field. But we actually don’t go out onto the field, we stand on the sidelines until the players take a break playing and then we get to go on. We run out on the field in lines then we sit and watch the big cheerleaders dance one of there dances. Then once there done the 6-9 year olds do there dance then the 10-12 year olds do there dance then the 13-16 year olds do our dance then we all do a huge dance together! After were done dancing, we walk out off the field and we walk back to the police lounge and eat are snacks. After were done eating and watching a little bit the game we all get back on the busses and go back to the south high school. Then we all leave to home. After each game I cheer at my mom likes to congratulate me with an ice cream if its hot or a nice warm starbucks! I love it! Over all, I love cheerleading and my parents love seeing me cheer on that field!