The Game | Teen Ink

The Game

August 27, 2009
By Anonymous

It Happen Just about a year ago, my soccer season had just started and this was the first game. Playing at home had never felt so good. I could smell the freshly cut cut grass and the saw the goal being put up. I could just feel it, I knew I would score a goal today. As we all got in our positions I heard the sound f the starting whistle. Ready to go I ran up the field getting ready to get passed to. The team we were playing wasn’t very good so I easily ran through them all. As I saw the ball soaring over I tried a header. Unfortunately, the ball soared left and missed the goal. My team and I had many more shots on goal for a while but my last shot came at the end of the game.

I had just asked the referee how much time there was remaining he told me there was only two minutes. So as soon as I saw the ball I ran after it I out ran every player including the goalie, and before I knew it I was standing right in front of the goal, and there was no keeper. I had a chance to make a goal. As I stopped and looked at the goal thinking I had scored a goal the goalie came back and punted the ball from my feet all the way to our goal and scored! I had forgotten to put the ball in the net. I felt like an idiot, and my teammates called me an idiot, even my brother called me stupid.

After the ending whistle blew I just wanted to go home so I got in my car as fast as possible and as soon as my Mom got in the car we drove off.