Powder Day | Teen Ink

Powder Day

One day i woke up at 6 o’clock am and i could hear snow fall. I was so excited i looked out my window and i saw a foot of snow on the ground and i yelled powder day. I ran down stairs and ate breakfast then got ready to go skiing in a hurry. I walked out side to go and catch the bus and i could smell the fresh snow on the ground. i got to the bus stop and got on the bus and waited until we arrived at the ski hill which was called Powder Peak. I put my skis on and got on the chair lift not just any chairlift the first chairlift of the day. When i was riding on the chairlift i was looking at the powder and i was so excited because i knew i was going to get the first tracks of the day. I got off the chair and then rode two more chairlifts to get to the top of the mountain. When i got to the top of the mountain i stared at the fresh powder and then hit the slope i was cruising left right left right. i Could fell the snow on my hand when i was making my turns. Then i took a super sharp turn and at fell and my skis ejected and i had so much snow in my mouth that i could not even talk but the snow tasted really good. i found my skies and put the back on and finished the run. then i went back up the chairlift to do it again. i kept doing the run and getting fresh powder. i looked at my phone and i saw that it was already 5 o’clock pm and i was amazed. Then my mom called and asked where i was i told her that i was on the ski hill and she told me i had to come home to get ready for school tomorrow so i said i will be home in 30 minutes so i got on the bus and went home. that night i was talking to myself and i said, “ Wow, that was the best powder day ever!”