The Holiday Bowl | Teen Ink

The Holiday Bowl

By Jason Barth SILVER, Park CIty, Utah
Jason Barth SILVER, Park CIty, Utah

Have you ever been in a crowd so loud that your ears heart for several days. Have you ever been in a crowd so excited that you are blinded by the plain electricity. This was my experience when I went to the Holiday Bowl in San Diego, California.

We arrived the day after Christmas. You could imagine the warm weather being a great feeling after being in cold weather already for a month. It was like a dog finally getting his bone after being held back from it for so long. The sun shining, the palm trees, and the ocean gently crashing into the shore. It was a great feeling.

We were planning to go to the Holiday bowl, one of the Division 1 College Football bowl games. Texas A&M Aggies and the California Golden Bears would be competed. Both teams were very good teams this year. Both of them finished the season very close to the big bowl games, the BCS. When we arrived to stadium I was immediately stunned by the size and beauty of the stadium. My eyes were locked for a minute until I decided I had had enough. When walking in I saw banners for the San Diego Chargers the team that regularly plays there. When we got into the building I saw the amazing band. I can still remember the school bands playing their songs before the game. The second the game started I could feel the excitement. I could feel it in my feet and through my body. I don’t remember the actual game because I couldn’t see. We were among the Texas finds and they didn’t sit down the whole game. During half time we realized we were hungry and went on a search for food. We found a hot dog stand and bought a couple of the $13 dogs. I remember sinking my teeth into the juicy slice of meet. It was one of the best things I have ever tasted.

After the long day we took a taxi back to the hotel. I touched the soft covers, and fell asleep very content.

donaldj said...
I enjoyed reading your story about the Holiday Bowl. I would have liked you to elaborate more on what the stadium looked like. You could have also talked more about your trip to find the hot dog stand. The story could have been better if you mentioned the final score of the football game. I think it would be a great experience to watch a college game in an NFL stadium like you did.

tnew69 said...
good description on what you did at the game bt you spelled fans wrong and at least tell us what the end score was.

on Sep. 29 2009 at 9:24 am
this was a good story. But it could have had more details.