The Most Important Shot of My Life

I was standing there in front of the red free throw line. There was

hundreds of eyes all staring at me. They knew the game depended on me,

and me alone. For the first time all night everyone in the stands were a

absolutely silent. They all expected me to make this shot so we could win

the game. It was this shot, this simple shot that I’ve made so many times

before.

But this time was different. The sweat was pouring down my face. I knew

What I had to do. I dribbled ounce, and the sound echoed throughout the

Stadium. I placed my hands on the ball, slightly bent my legs, jumped, and

launched the ball. In no more then two seconds, but seemed to be forever, I

Heard the most beautiful sound.

Swish.

mcelronej said...
I really enjoyed reading about your game winnig shot. I liked how you slowed down the foul shot. Exspecially when you talk about your form before the shot, and you descreibed how the sweat soked down your face. Basketball is a husle sport, and all that sweat is an important part of how you shot. The sweat can make or break your shot, if you get a good grip on the ball or if it slips out. I think you can add on to how the ball felt in your sweaty hands. The ending on the article was really good. ... (more »)

hylandc said...
I really enjoyed reading this passge because I'm also another huge basketball fan and love to play the game also. The way you describe what led you to the foul line and what your feelings are during your shot helped me paint a clear picture in my mind. I've had alot of experiences like this also. When you say "It was this shot, this simple shot that I've made so many times before" gives you the confidence to make the shot. You do a great job explaining what exactly your ... (more »)

Simcoviakk said...
I really enjoyed reading this piece, mainly because I can relate to the same topic. Last season in basketball, I was driving to the hoop and was pounded to the ground; this caused me to go to the free throw line. I was nervous because all the pressure was on me. Thankfully, like this person, I made the shots and we won. I also can relate to this piece because it is the same topic I chose to write about in my descriptive piece. In addition, I liked the descriptive words and sentences through... (more »)

sarah:) replied...
Thank-you!!! Im REALLY glad that you enjoyed it, and that it gave you ideas to improve your writing! I love basketball! Thanks again! :)