Long Gone But Not Forgotten | Teen Ink

Long Gone But Not Forgotten

By Michael Holland BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
Michael Holland BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado

“Shocking News famous collage football player Jackie Marlo Young die today at the bank during a robbery.” Jackie tried to save the people in the bank. The people said “He tried to stop the gunmen from shooting a little kid.” But the saving went wrong. Jackie Marlo Young die on July 1st,2013 just two days after his 21st birthday.

Even thought he didn't get to go to NFL he was famous in his home town Miami,Florida. He went to University of Miami that is where he played football. Jackie Young got awards for the hardest hitter in collage football.

All of his teammates,family,and friends are going to wear his number on there cars and have his jerseys number on there jersey. His funeral will be held until July 12th. Jackie Young grew up in a bad part of Miami but found his way out by playing football and he started a family of his own. He had all that taking away cause of one bullet.

Jackie Young was not always a great football player he was in a gang,and had bad grades. After his father die Jackie change he started to buckle down and stop messing with his gang and moved out of his old neighborhood. He used to come to his old neighborhood to help the need and old friends.

on Jul. 8 2009 at 3:07 am
sarahCshaw SILVER, Wasilla, Alaska

the future belongs to those who belive in the beauty of their dreams- Eleanor Roosevelt

wait 2013? uh okay ha. it was an intresting peice :)