The football (soccer) stadium | Teen Ink

The football (soccer) stadium

September 8, 2023
By jt0338521 BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
jt0338521 BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

A cloudy day in a soccer stadium, both teams playing at their best trying to win the championship cup, a close game tied 1-1, the game had everyone at the edge of their seats waiting for one of the team to become championship of the league, coaches screaming giving directions with enmity. Minutes past and none of the both team have scored a goal, neither both of the goalkeeper letting the ball go pass them, the defender going all out on their defense giving the strikers a hard time getting pass them, but finally one of the team scored the crowd goes crazy the players and coaches they all go crazy to celebrate, but minutes pass and in the final minute and there’s was a penalty the whole team goes to complain to the referee that it was a dive but the referee sees it as an penalty, the crowd booing the referee “BOOOO BOOOO” but the referee didn’t care at all, now the team is scared some of player are praying to the goalkeeper to save it or for the other team to miss it, the player are ready for a loose ball if the keeper saves it both teams are, the player taking the penalty is nervous (you can see it on his face) but he’s ready, both teams are ready for whatever outcome but so is the goalkeeper (but is he ready though?) the goalkeeper is nervous too nervous to say but his teammates believe in him “you got this”, “don’t worry you got it”, “believe in yourself” so goalkeeper ask for a few minutes he closes his eyes, he breath gently in and out, he shut down the background noises, the only thing he hears is his breathing method but finally he opens his eyes and says he is ready the referee blows the whistle (for the player to take the penalty kick) the player kick the ball to the right side of the goal(left side of the goalkeeper) the goalie guess it right he goes to the left side and saves it the defender sprints to the loose ball they get there in time before the other team and they manage to kick it out to the side lines the crowd, coaches, teammates they ALL GO CRAZY, “YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH”, “AAAAAAAAAHHHHH”, the player in the field go up to him praise him for the grand final save he did and finally the referee blow the whistle then games has ended, next thing you noticed the crowd goes crazy celebrating the victory the whole team especially the coaches they all go to the goalkeeper to celebrate throwing water at the keeper and celebrating, and finally the team receives the championship cup and the players get there medal and so does the other teams that lost but then the goalkeeper receives and reward for the player of the match and for the best goalkeeper and since then he wouldn’t stop thinking about that save and when he became a hero for his teams.


The author's comments:

I used to be a goalkeeper and I remember having moments like this.