Football Days | Teen Ink

Football Days

Everyone has a special hobby, or sport that they love to do. It could be anywhere from singing, to playing baseball. My hobby is football. I love the sport and it takes up a huge portion of my life. I spend my time playing football for West Jr., but not only do I love to play the sport, I also love to watch other teams play.

My favorite NCAA team is of course the Missouri Tigers, my home state team, followed by Oklahoma, which just happens to be one of Missouri’s rival teams. As for the NFL, the Colts, and the Bears are my favorite teams, they are also big rival teams. I go to just about every Mizzou game, and if I can’t make it to the game, I always find time to watch it on TV. Watching these big time football teams inspire me to do better and play to my fullest so I can one day be as great at the game as some of these team players. Chase Coffman, Jeremy Maclin, and Chase Daniel are some of my idols for the sport of football. They are some of the greatest players at what they do. I hope to someday be as good as some of them.

I participate in playing football for my school. I am the starting Wide receiver, by to be more specific, I am the flanker/split end, which is sometimes referred to as the “Z”. On defense, I play the weak side strong safety. I have an important job, which is to make sure no one gets to the sideline and takes off for a touchdown. I am also on the kick-return team, the punt team, and the extra point field goal team. As you can see I play a majority of the game. So far this year I have started every game. I really enjoy playing football and plan to continue playing up through high school. High school will be a major step up from jr. high, but I think I can defiantly pull it off.

We practice every week day from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. The practices are difficult, and require much discipline. Some people cannot handle all the running, and tackling, so they quit. It just shows those who are dedicated, and those who don’t care. You have to really work hard if you want to survive in this sport. You have to give it your all, and play your hardest in order to achieve a victory.

Football is a contact sport, and it shows as guys are tackled and blocked straight to the ground. If you aren’t prepared, you can be seriously hurt. Most kids are beaten and bruised the time the week is over. The only thing you can hope for is that by game time, you are able stand up. Football is one of the most brutal and physical sports you will ever play. You have to be careful, other wise, the consequences could be disastrous. You will often be able to tell whether someone plays football or not, by the way that they walk. Most football players will be limping all the time due to the extreme conditioning we do. Football is not a sport to be taken lightly.
Football is my favorite sport. It is the greatest feeling in the world making that great hit. I can’t live without playing football. I love the game more than any other game. I will continue playing football as long as I can, and will probably never stop playing with my friends, and family.

pravinkutty said...
on Feb. 4 2015 at 10:09 am
it is meaningfull