Wisconsin Inspire | Teen Ink

Wisconsin Inspire

December 12, 2022
By Anonymous


In my opinion Wisconsin Inspire Synchronized Ice Skating Co-op is the coolest thing made in Wisconsin. If it weren’t for Wisconsin Inspire I wouldn’t still be doing synchronized skating. This Co-op originated with Ice Sparklers from Delafield, Madison Ice Diamonds from Madison, and Swansyncsation from Beaver dam. As a co-op we practice all around Wisconsin not only Beaver dam, Madison, and Delafield. The bonds created within these teams filled with people from all over is amazing. The family we create when we get closer with our teams. This team has come so far. Wisconsin Inspire has only been a team for 4 years now and we’ve had two teams go to nationals in 2020 and 2022. Hopefully this season our Juvenile and Novice teams will go to Nationals with all of the hard work our teams have been doing. The hours spent practicing as a team and the hours practicing outside of the team practices. We miss school to travel across the United States and compete against teams from all over the country. It is a non-profit 501-c so there is a lot of fundraising that is done for the team. The more you fundraise the less that you have to pay the team for your dues. We practice up to 3 times a week in order to get ready for competitions. All of the athletes that skate for Wisconsin Inspire are held to a very high standard in everything they do. Sportsmanship is one of the most important parts of Inspire. Having a coop makes it so that the older skaters which are the ones on Inspire skating on higher level teams are role models to the kids on the foundation teams. Every skater on Inspire started out on a foundation team at a young age. Our coaches are all very highly qualified for this job and have all done synchro before. The Novice coach Megan skated for Miami University a few years ago and was the 2019 Collegiate Synchronized Skating National Champion. Coach Christi was a technical judge before deciding that coaching would be a better option for her which is very beneficial to the teams because she is aware of what is needed in each program to get the technical element called and strong. I do believe that Wisconsin Inspire is the coolest thing made in Wisconsin because synchronized skating is a very unique sport and we are one of two teams that are out of Wisconsin. 


Work Cited

Dehmer, Emily, and Christine Wenger. “Information about Our Team and Organization.” Wisconsin Inspire Synchronized Skating, 2019, wisconsininspiresynchro.org/. 


The author's comments:

This piece is about why Wisconsin Inspire Synchronized Ice Skating is the coolest thing made in Wisconsin.