Untitled | Teen Ink

Untitled

By šaljivac SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
šaljivac SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Everywhere I go, the dentist, family gatherings, and school, the first question is “what grade are you in?” Followed up by the question that gets asked repeatedly that I don’t know the answer to. “What are you going to do after high school?” I think about this question all the time and it’s not something I can answer completely. 

There are so many different careers to choose from and choosing just one is a hard task. From police officers to desk jobs, to even an influencer, there are limitless possibilities. The ones that stick in mind for me are economics/finance jobs such as being an accountant or even being a detective of some sort or somehow making a career out of being an influencer or gaming. Even enlisting into the Army or a military force is not out of the question.

If I had to choose my dream career it would have to be a job in the NFL. A job where I can affect the team in a positive way and be on the field or in the stands watching the game. A more realistic career path would probably be being a team accountant or helping out with the finance/economics of the team. I believe that is a strong suit of mine right now and that would be the most realistic approach to getting a job in the NFL. This is because I am taking economics and accounting classes in high school, which I enjoy quite a bit. However, as it does fit part of the criteria of my dream career and is more realistic I also have a different dream career in the NFL I would be after. This is because it would more than likely be a desk job and who knows if I could even go to the games. 

I also dream of being an NFL assistant coach. I never have coached anything really and I only played football through flag football. However, I think the passion and pride I have for the game of football are second to none. To go on the field before games and after games, feeling the highs and the lows of the sport and the stadium's atmosphere would be incredible. It’s my favorite sport, the one I watch the most and care about the most. Obviously, I’d have to work my way up but I don’t think I’d want to be a head coach or an offensive coordinator, etc. I would want to be an assistant coach, therefore, I still would give insight but would also not be the main coach in that position. The job pays very well and you definitely need a passion for the sport in this career. I also would get to travel across the United States and even in some instances out of the country. 

I know that this career isn’t ‘realistic’ for me because of my experience and I haven’t played tackle football. But, this essay is about my dream career and that is what this would be for me. The relationships made with co-workers and players would be very special and that’s the dream career I would have to pick if it’s just one I could choose. 

Dream Career Essay Submission