Paintball Battle | Teen Ink

Paintball Battle

By Amanda Garza BRONZE, Roma, Texas
Amanda Garza BRONZE, Roma, Texas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

The last shot was fired

“OWW! I’m hit!” cried Alex. The thing I love most about the weekends is that we can play paintball at John’s house.

My team won the first round. There were still two more rounds- It was anybody’s game.

I moved in to an empty bush and hid. CRACK!I heard, as if someone was coming near me. I glanced. It was Suzette. I had been wanting to hit her so bad, and now was my chance.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! Three shots right in the chest and she was out.

I started laughing and whispered “One down three to go.” Kevin, Jacky, and
Alex were left and I thought, “This ought to be good.”

I ran as hard as I could, and climbed up a tree. I saw my next target: Kevin.

Our teams were pretty good. On red it was: John, Albert, Luis, and me. One blue it was: Alex, Suzette, Kevin, and Jacky. Every time we play teams, we always win. It’s actually funny, for us, but the other team gets irritated. So most of the time we play solo. Today we felt like playing teams so we played Red VS. Blue.

I saw that John,one of my teamates,also had Kevin locked.I smiled to myself.

“Bye-Bye Kevin,” I muttered, and that’s when I heard it. A shot-but it wasn’t us who had shot Kevin. Alex had hit Albert!I was furious,because we were now tied. I was upset. I quickly scurried doen the tree and ran for a bush.I couldn’t believe we had lost our target.

BEEEEEPP! My sister rang the horn, that was it for round 2.We tied up round 2 so round3 was anybody’s game.This got me nervous because the loser always has to do some kind of crazy dare.So far, Suzette was out for blue and Albert out for red. We huddled for two mintues.

“C’mon guys we can do it!” said Luis.

“All we need to do is keep track of time,stay hidden until the last four minutes and then shoot someone!”John strategized.

This was it.I started raining sweat; it was burning hot.As I ran for cover I heard someone behind me.It was Jacky. This was her first time playing, so she giggled at anything.She giggled. I saw her, and I shot.I don’t know where I shot I just did. John shot Kevin at the final buzzer!
We had won the game!

I love playing paintball.I feel like we’re in the army and we’re under attack. Hopefully, we get to do this all summer long.

Amanda Garza BRONZE, Roma, Texas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
thanks; jaja. i was at school when i was doing this story, and i had to do it during first period (last day ofschool).

robinsonc said...
I like this story. I thought it was thrilling and interesting. I like "Paintball Battle" because i can relate to it. I played paintball once and I was also nervous when we played teams. I had never played before and the people on the other team used to be on real paintball teams. The author of the story did have a good concept, but had a few spelling and grammar errors. When it said "I saw my next target: Kevin." It should of had a comma between target and Kevin and not a colon. It also had doen instead of down in the sentence "I quickly scurried doen the tree..." One other mistake I found, was that after every sentence they never space to separate the sentences. I did like this short story because it was enjoyable and I could relate to his nervousness.

Shanaynay said...
on Sep. 30 2009 at 11:58 am
I like your story it was thrilling.