Football | Teen Ink

Football

Your head is throbbing and your whole body aches, but you continue on. You take off your helmet and pour out the pool of sweat that sits at the bottom. Football is a game of power, pride, and determination. Power is not measured by physical strength, power comes from within. You have to have confidence in you’re yourself, and believe that you are the best. Football is one of the few sports that requires everyone on the field to do their job in order to be successful. If one person blows their assignment, or fails to do their job, the play will not work. All sports require practice, and football is no different. Cold practices are the worst. You have absolutely no feeling in your hands, which makes it impossible to grip the ball. Doing everything you possibly can to keep your hands warm, but nothing works. Also when you get hit it feels like getting hit by a vending machine. You don’t want to get off the ground, all you want to do is lay there on the grass. To be honest, all you want to do is break down and cry.

But all those tough practices pay off at the games. There is no greater feeling in the world than to break past the defense and see nothing ahead of you except the green grass of the end zone.