The Legend Bo Jackson | Teen Ink

The Legend Bo Jackson

June 3, 2019
By Anonymous

People say that one man can not play two sports. Bo Jackson did. He inspired many people to do what they want and to follow their dream. Bo came out of poverty, went to college, and made it to the MLB and NFL.


(You Don’t Know Bo). Bo Jackson played in the MLB and NFL in the same season. He said that baseball was his favorite sport and football was his hobby. Bo Jackson was famously known for his skill and playing two sports (“Bo Jackson”).  He was born in Bessemer, Alabama. He went to school at Auburn University. He was a running back for the Oakland Raiders. He also played for the White Sox. Bo Jackson could do so many inhumanly things. He can throw a ball three hundred yards without it touching the ground. He was also known for being the first man to play baseball with an artificial hip. In highschool he also played basketball and track.


  (I Too). In the poem I Too by Langston Hughes it says, “They send me to the kitchen” that means that someone is telling you that you can’t achieve your dream in life. It relates to Bo Jackson because most people say that it’s impossible to play more than one professional sport but Bo Jackson did exactly that. The poem also says, “ Besides, They’ll see how beautiful I am ,And be ashamed”, It could also mean that when Bo did the things he did; everyone felt ashamed and inspired.


(You Don’t Know Bo). In the the movie You Don’t Know Bo His high school coach said he jumped over a Volkswagen. That shows that Bo impacted history and showed that if you put your mind to it nothing will be impossible. His baseball coach said that Bo did things that were not humanly possible. Bo said he used to throw crabapples through people’s screen doors and windows. The movie You Don’t Know Bo It shows you how he impacted history and inspired so many people.


As you can see Bo impacted history and inspired many. Bo had a rough childhood but he worked through it followed his dream. Because Bo followed his dream he made it to the MLB and NFL. It’s clear that Bo Jackson set an example to follow your dream and do what you want.