Not So Best Life | Teen Ink

Not So Best Life

Everyone has a story to tell about their past, present or future that can influence the way you act today, or can be a massive life changing experience. Things can seem so right but in reality, falling apart and wouldn’t even know it’s right in front of your eyes. My story, as of right now i’m still receiving help for my bipolar disorder, as well as trying to get things back on track with my biological mom.

Growing up as a kid i obtained trust issues very quickly and dislike, due to my mom either running in and out of my life or lying to me as a kid. That’s why I have so much anger not towards anyone but my mom, never did I feel so broke by someone to claim they truly love me. She recently came into my life a month ago, and apologized about the things she put me through and how she is willing to change our relationship. And I tried doing that, things were going good for awhile until I started getting my feelings hurt, when I would try to spend time with her I would get stood up and just things wasn’t going as she claimed for them to go. So I came to the conclusion that I’m done working on a broken relationship that has been broken for so long; it hurts because I have to come to realization that my own mom doesn’t care, think or even check up on me. I always been loved by my family that I live with now things are going so good for me and i’m glad.

As a kid I was the black sheep out of the family, getting in trouble, receiving suspensions, in fact my mom would have to take off of work. At a young age which was 6 it was difficult;Couldn’t control myself, didn’t know what was going on and what made me act different every few minutes. I was told that my biological mother had bipolar disorder and that is where i received the trait from, i wished at one point in time i didn’t have that trait at all. As a matter of fact i had to go through being in counseling, and taking medicine already in the 1st grade. In light of it becoming easier after awhile, at some point and time not only did i stop doing counseling after a while until 5th or 6th grade not only I started getting into more trouble. But also during that time period I was going through the death of my brother in 6th grade corresponding that sometimes, the cause of me getting in trouble or walking out of class , I wouldn't wanna be bothered with anything. In 6th grade i still maintained honor roll everything changed in 6th grade, i started getting myself together. Trying to make myself and brother proud by graduating and going to college no matter what my decisions is based on my future and that’s why i'm not only doing the things i'm doing now; which is getting my life together so i can be a better and successful.

In conclusion i’ve grown so much to control my bipolar disorder, still currently receiving counseling and trying to make myself a better person with it as well. I plan my future to be so successful and filled with positive things. As of my mom i'm currently done, working on our relationship only breaks me more then helping me get closure and getting things back on track with myself as well, i wished things would’ve worked but my life is so better without her, and i'm well taken care of.