Numbers of Hope | Teen Ink

Numbers of Hope

May 3, 2018
By alexadger BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana
alexadger BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever had the feeling that someone was with you? The feeling that ever in your darkest moments where you feel alone and anxious that there is someone by your side? In my opinion, this feeling is not as crazy as it sounds. I believe each and every one of us has a guardian angel. A soul that watches over us through the highs and lows of our everyday lives. Angels can be seen everywhere, as long as we just look. For example, one day my mother came home from her job as a nurse and told me that throughout the day, she kept seeing a continuous series of numbers, such as “222” and “111". At first, she just told me how strange it was, then the story got interesting. My mom would look at the clock and the time would be 2:22, she would check a patient’s blood pressure and the pressure would be 111. The numbers were almost inescapable. Every day when my mom got home from work, she would tell me about the mysterious numbers. We would always ask, “what does this mean?”. After about two weeks of the numbers appearing, my mom finally researched what this meant. After searching the words, “what does 1111 mean,” hundreds of articles and websites came up all surround around one topic, angels. I think that the signs of angels can be found everywhere. My mom found her sign by just looking at the clock and checking blood pressure! To this day, we, and some of my mother’s friends believe that these little signs are viewed as a gateway for our angels to communicate with us to say, “we believe everything is going to be okay, and so should you.” I remember a time when everything seemed to be crashing down, and I did not know what to do anymore. However, I kept seeing the number “111” and I knew that whatever was going on in my life would soon be okay. I knew that everything is in God’s hands and whatever happens is for a reason. These numbers of hope can be available for all people, no matter what.