Music to Admire and Inspire | Teen Ink

Music to Admire and Inspire

By khand BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana
khand BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana

Although it may be hard to notice, music can have a very big impact on everyday life in many different ways. Music can influence a person’s mood just from its upbeat tune or by reminding them of happy times. Another way music can influence people is by inspiring them to keep going and never give up. All in all, music has been a big influence in my life throughout my childhood, adolescence, and hopefully the rest of my life.

Music is one of the many factors that had a big influence on my childhood. For example, hearing the song “It’s a Small World” by the Sherman Brothers always cheers me up because of its happy upbeat sound and the memories it brings back. This song reminds me of my trip to Disney World as a little kid, which was a happy carefree time for me. As a child, I never really listened to lyrics, so that is not what influenced my life. What really had an impact on me was the overall happiness of the song and the joyful memories it brings back. Next, some lyrics from “Fight Song” by Rachel Platten that influenced me were “My power’s turned on/Starting right now I’ll be strong”. These lyrics inspired me because growing up doing gymnastics was a challenge that I wanted to give up on at times. When I listened to this song, it always inspired me to get back up after falling and to keep trying. Not only did the beat of the song encourage me to keep going, but also just listening to the lyrics and relating them to the challenges I was going through did. Overall, music has inspired me in the past to never give up or just made me happier by reminding me of joyful times.

Throughout my adolescence, I have had many challenges that music has gotten me through in many different ways. The lyrics “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” from “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson always pushed me through my challenges by reminding me that overcoming challenges would only benefit me. Even if my challenge was something as little as finishing homework or studying, this song still helped me through it.. Secondly,”And I’ll tell you all about it when I see you again” from the song “See You Again” by Wiz Khalifa helped me cope with the death of my grandpa. When my grandpa passed away, it was sad for me to think that I would never see him again, but this song helped me realize that I would be able to one day. Listening to this song reminded me that I do not need to be so upset over the loss of my grandpa because his time on earth was not the last time I would see him. Also, the lyrics “Now I see you in a better place” give me another reason to be less upset over his death because it reminds me that my grandpa’s death resulted in him ending up in a happier place. In conclusion, music inspired me to never give up and it helped me realize that good can come from any situation, even the loss of a loved one.

Music was a major influence in my life throughout my childhood and adolescence. One way music influenced my life was by making me happier and motivating me to keep going and never give up. Another way music impacted my life was by reminding me that if I pushed through my challenges, then good would come from it. Finally, music helped me get through tough times, especially during the loss of a loved one. I will always wonder if we would be able to achieve what we have today without the gift of music.