My Best Friend | Teen Ink

My Best Friend

By olivialennon BRONZE, Indialantic, Florida
olivialennon BRONZE, Indialantic, Florida

If I recall of the series “Grey’s Anatomy” two of the main characters, Meredith and Christina were each other's best friends. By calling each other their “person” and telling each other everything. When I started this series I was in the eighth grade, I started thinking about who I would consider to be my person. I choose my answer almost four years ago and have stuck with my answer ever since. Kellie D. is my best friend, but not just that. She is someone I know I can go to for anything, even if it’s truly one most bizarre situations ever. Kellie is one of the most trustworthy people I have ever met, I have been telling her secrets since I was twelve and I can proudly say she has kept them within herself and has not told a single soul. I have never met someone with such an identical humor as me and it is definitely scary. We laugh at stuff that nobody would laugh at and we cry at stuff nobody would cry at. When I think about someone to text about legitimately anything I know it will be her. I know no matter how far we get from each other, she will always be family. One of my favorite qualities about her is her willingness to do anything to get the job done. I’ve seen her turn in assignments late and dread going to her job but I know that she will cross the finish line even if I have to drag her there. Kellie is also one of the strongest people I  have met, she has been there to make me strong in the best and worst times. She spreads kindness through every body in her life even if it is the hardest thing to do. She has put a light in darkness around many of the people in her life, even when she doesn’t realize she is doing so. Throughout her life Kellie has changed the way I look at other things but also at people. She found a catchphrase on a small candle months ago and she has used it as her own ever since. It states “Be Kind Over Cool” and nothing could represent her more than that. Now that i’m rambling I suppose I should probably introduce the girl myself. Well here she is, not just my best friend but my family. My person, Kellie D.