5 Years of Age | Teen Ink

5 Years of Age

March 20, 2018
By Anonymous

At the age of 3 I was stabbed and shot and beaten what almost felt like I was dying of every second of every day. Most of my family was gone. The only family I had left was my dog named Bolt and my dad, we lived in a 2 bedroom one bath broken down and torn to hell trailer. It was full of spiders and snakes. I had no money so I barely could eat or drink in which resulted in almost dying.

 

At the age of 5, I was still being beaten to death and stabbed. My brother would always throw me out and call me a b**** because me and my dog Bolt are the ones who stayed together. The next day it was 30 degrees; I was freezing and could barely breathe. I was cold and hungry, but I was determined to find a way to survive out in the wild and so I did. I lived in the woods for 3 months and then figured that I had to come out of hiding and deal with my problems.

 

At the age of 6 I was homeless and was trying my best to stay alive. I was scratching  by with a dollar or two if I was lucky then maybe a 5 dollar bill, but the money I had was stolen from me what but the very little money I had so there went me eating. 6 months had passed and I was still homeless. I was trying my best to stay positive but every now and again it always popped up in my mind is all this because of me? After maybe another month or two I was told my little brother and sister died. I couldn’t bear the bad news so I walked 10 miles to get to school. I did what had to be done; I got help.


I went with my deadbeat mom. This turned out to be the worst decision ever all because my brother was there. He pushed me into snake infested water and made me walk through spider infested tunnels and if i didn’t lets just say  wouldn’t be here right now

 

At the age of 7, I was changing everything. I was already fighting to stay alive. As I walked down my road all I could think about was my future; my future consisted of many places and multiple schools. I went to my school one more time, tried to stay positive, went to get more help, and I got it.

 

The social worker told me to go to foster care so I did, and it was the best choice i ever made. Most of you know I am in foster care right now and probably know the other little bit of this story and you know what I am trying to say. You can never judge a book by its cover; give it a chance to open it up like right now and let the book tell you its story. My point is to tell you don’t judge people by what they look  or sound like judge them from how they act and want to  be treated.


Some of my story is sad but I got through  it. So can you if you just try; you got to love who you want but always keep family in mind no matter what.


The author's comments:

my life was a messed up one but i opend up and i was roud of what i did i was allways an outkast to every one so hey i'm not happy but i got through it so can you