I Wish | Teen Ink

I Wish

March 14, 2018
By arabellak BRONZE, East Hampton, New York
arabellak BRONZE, East Hampton, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I wish  could go back to when I was younger. To when I was full of energy. When I was constantly bouncing off the walls. Go back to no drama. When making friends was easy. When I was beyond excited that I had lost my tooth. I would put it under my pillow. In hopes that the Tooth Fairy would make me five  dollars richer the next day.

 

I want to go back to the days of  no school. No late nights finishing homework and early mornings trying to cram for a test. No  crushes. I want to go back to when boys thought girls had cooties.
 

I wish I could back to when grades did not matter. I remember teachers would give you crayons  and paper and told you to draw whatever you wanted. But this was only in pre-k.


I wish I could go back to when my imagination was bigger than I was. You could give my a shoe and I would somehow have so much fun. I would turn my swing set into a boat. Or I would pretend I  was stranded on an tropical island. But on the island was a  ferocious beast. The Beast was my dog. I would run around my yard trying to collect “food” and try not to get attacked The Beast. The food was sticks, acorns and grass. If I saw The Beast charging at me I would quickly run up the green slide to get to safety.


I want to go back to when I would put on plays in my basement  in front of parents. The plays made no sense at but I loved it and my parents loved it. My mom would film them  on her Ipad. Once I was putting on a play with puppets.  We were  waiting for my dad. My mom started filming and I put on a small show for her. Since I was in the basement you could hear  a toilet flushing. I thought that my dad would be coming down any minute.


I did not hear footsteps down the stairs. Then out of nowhere my dad came out and scared my mom and I. She ended up getting it on video. We still laugh about it today.


But now I am getting older. I am forced to face reality. High School. Where  every grade counts. It will determine where I end up in my life.


The author's comments:

What inspired me to write this was my literacy class for a project.