The Morning | Teen Ink

The Morning

By iporkchopminecraft1 BRONZE, Enola, Pennsylvania
iporkchopminecraft1 BRONZE, Enola, Pennsylvania

Walking into the kitchen, I immediately see it. It’s so beautiful, so many unique possibilities. On the granite counter, there was 4 brand new boxes of cereal. Frosted flakes, Lucky Charms, Froot Loops, and finally, *drumroll please*, Cocoa Pebbles. All the best things in one place, how could I get so lucky? I can’t help but leave out a little sound of joy. “Squee!!” I screeched, so excited for my favorite cereals. I cautiously walk up to the counter, worrying if I move to fast that they’ll disappear. I’m acting like cereal is Houdini. I’m worried this is all too good to be true. Slowly looking back and forth from box to box, I think about which one I want to eat. Then I think to myself, ‘How can I choose just one?’ Suddenly, an idea popped into my head. I can mix two together instead of committing myself to just a single kind. Scanning my options once more, I finally decide on the best two, but this is going to be quite an effort. I decide on Lucky charms and Frosted Flakes. I would think everyone hates those flavorless pieces in the lucky charms, we all know people only eat it for the marshmallows. I’m going to pick a handful of the freeze-dried marshmallows out of the Lucky Charms and put them into a bowl of frosted flakes.

Opening the cabinet, I see the sea of bowls, so many options with so many different possibilities. I look around and spot a ceramic bowl labeled “Sunshine” I chose that bowl, because it’s obviously going to be a great sunshiny day if there’s such good food.  I grab the Lucky Charms box and pour some into the bowl. I then grab a paper towel and begin placing marshmallows on it. After that, I open the cabinet and get out a baggie. Placing the plain boring no-marshmallow lucky charm cereal inside, I decide to save it for my four-year-old sister, she can suffer, not me. Now it’s time to grab the Frosted Flakes. The Frosted Flakes seemed to be shining as bright as a diamond. It was time. I poured the frosted flakes into the now-empty bowl. Then I proceeded to dump the paper towel of marshmallows on top. Letting a slight smile spread across my face, I walk over to the black fridge and reach to the top shelf to get the milk.

“WHAT THE HECK!!!” I yell, now horrified. “THERE’S NO MILK? HOW COULD YOU MONSTERS BUY ALL THIS CEREAL AND NO MILK?!?!?” Now in an upset and terrible mood, I shove my entre bowl into a bag, I’ll be eating this later whether these monsters get milk or not. Then again, when you think about it, it’s probably just karma for taking the marshmallows out. Moral of the story, don’t take the marshmallows out of Lucky Charms, just suck it up and eat the tasteless filth too.