Blue Eyes | Teen Ink

Blue Eyes

March 9, 2018
By thewritinggirl GOLD, Oconomowoc , Wisconsin
thewritinggirl GOLD, Oconomowoc , Wisconsin
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My family; We all have blue eyes, but all seem to have a different shade. Mine and my brother’s eyes are a youthful, robin’s egg blue, waiting for adulthood to hatch. My mother and father display their different shades with the different lives they have lived.


My mom’s eyes display a delicate, dark blue. They complement her strawberry smile and dark hair with auburn hues. Her eyes show her nurturing nature, soothing and calm with her gentle voice flowing like a song through the top floor of our house. The romantic hues of purple portray her love for my father and us kids, she plants soft kisses on all of our cheeks and hugs us until day’s break. Her eyes are feminine and soft, like a violet blooming in the spring dew. My father’s eyes are a pale, greyish blue. His eyes display his job, hard work. Traveling all week, he has seen different destinations, ate different food, met different people, lived a different life than others. Their thin shape shows his determination, to be the best he can be. From the blow of the whistle on the football field at Twinsburg High School, to his little girl yelling for Daddy as he walks in the door. His eyes are masculine and tough, like the skin of the old football found on his work desk.


Both their eyes have developed their small creases, wrinkles, creating crevices in their appearance. These are from the lives they lived, the challenges they faced, obstacles they have overcome. Me and my brother’s eyes will do that when we come of age, and our eyes decide to change their view.