The Eyelashes | Teen Ink

The Eyelashes

By dancer11 PLATINUM, Okauchee, Wisconsin
dancer11 PLATINUM, Okauchee, Wisconsin

In my family we have thin short eyelashes, not the long plump type.  We try all sorts of methods to get them longer.  My mother tries extensions to make them look long and pretty.  My sister puts on tubes and tubes of mascara to make them look thick and create volume. Me curling them to no end trying to make them stand up tall on my eyelids.  My father not caring.  But my brother, my brother has beautiful eyelashes.  Naturally long and thick.  They look like fake eyelashes purchased from the local Walgreens.  They look like spider legs resting on his eyes.  They are black and plump, like he poured a bucket of paint on them, covering the glossy white, blue, and black eyeball underneath.  The attention is drawn to his eyes, speaking while they bat back and forth.  They are a treasure found laying on his clear skin face.  Others may need extensions, while he needs zero of the store bought products.  Our family can only be so jealous.  The sweet blinks he gives us makes our hearts melt.  No one is able to say no while watching his natural treasure take our breath away.