My New Dog | Teen Ink

My New Dog

By Cyoungker SILVER, Ayersville, Ohio
Cyoungker SILVER, Ayersville, Ohio

It was a nice sunny day with no rain and no clouds and I arrived home.

“Conner!” exclaimed my brother, “Brynn just broke my tv. We have to go to walmart and buy a new one!”
“Parker, there is no way that happened,” I said. “He said it did she really did brake it.”
I walked inside the house thinking there is no way that his tv is actually broken because my mom would of have told me.
“Conner, come look at this,” my mom said.
I said, “Ok, Mom, I am coming.”
Before I walked into my brother’s room, I stood there for one second, and and it smells like a trash can.
As I stand there for a second I think, Ok we definitely received a dog, I thought.
I went into my brother’s room, and there was a dog.
“Surprise!” my mom and dad said. There was a dog sitting right there on the floor.
I was so happy. The dog was as soft as a pile of feathers. It was nice. It was a little skittish, and it was black with blue eyes.
I said, “Mom, I can not belive we got a dog.”
My mom then said, “I know! Is it not the prettiest dog you have ever seen?”
“It is,” I said.
My sister who just arrived home off the bus walked into my brother’s room where the rest of us were, and she started crying how much she likes it.
My mom then said, “Kyndall, stop crying. We just got a dog.”
I then thought gosh she is over dramatic, a cry baby really.
My dad  said, “What should we name the dog? It is a girl.”
I was thinking we should name the dog Apollo because that is where great danes descended from, so I suggested that name.
“Apollo,” I said.
“No, we are not naming it Apollo because it is a girl,” my dad said.
I was thinking of more names like luna, shadow, and bear.
I said, “How about Luna? That’s a nice name.”
That’s a nice name  my mom and dad said, “That is a nice name. We will name her Luna.”