The Time I Never Talked | Teen Ink

The Time I Never Talked

February 27, 2018
By nevaeh18 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
nevaeh18 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I always struggled in school. I was always a shy student since I ever been to school. I never talked in elementary school, only to my speech teacher. That's how shy I was. My friends would always try to convince me to talk but no words would never come out. I was scared. To communicate I would write notes or nod my head. Years passed and I was finally in fifth grade. Sometime in the middle of that year I was on and off if should finally talk but I wasn't sure. My speech teacher had told me if I wanted to invite a friend to the class so I can finally talk to her, so I did but when it was time to say something, just one word I froze and I couldn't do it. I tried again and brought my friend with me the next week and I talked. She was so excited and I was proud of myself. The same day I only talked to some of my friends and my teacher. The next day I read to the entire class and I was proud of myself. Now I talk but I'm still very shy at times.


The author's comments:

This about a time when i never talked in school because i was very shy.