Why I Work on Saturday | Teen Ink

Why I Work on Saturday

By Jorrdan_writes GOLD, Byram Ms, Mississippi
Jorrdan_writes GOLD, Byram Ms, Mississippi

You are going to die. Squeeze all that you can out of this one life you have. Live each day fully, because it could be gone as fast as a half taken breath.

Yes I said work, this is my job, I’m 17 years old and what I do didn’t require a job application. I do this weekly, and I’ve been doing it for about 8 months. Wrote my first writing back in July. It took me a long time to find this out about myself. And all the years I wasn’t doing it makes me go harder. Because in my mind I was wasting time. Gratitude this is a big reason why I do what I do. I’m so grateful to be in the position I am in. Exactly the way it is. I don’t need for anything more. I’m comfortable with what I have, and living the simple life is what I like. I call it my job because I feel like it is my duty to share my writings with the world. Because someone somewhere needs to see it. If I’m not doing something pertaining to my job I feel like I’m slacking off, and I hate that feeling. Every day I want to progress in some type of way. My job being publishing on medium, reading other articles, connecting on LinkedIn, or interacting and putting my 2cents as Gary Vee would say. And sure enough at the end of the week you will be kinda tired but your dream isn’t going to be handed to you. Theres nothing wrong with letting yourself breathe. Reading articles on what I need to work on helps a lot. And seeing how other writers display themselves. I’ve learned alot in these months. I know that this is my purpose, I put hours into it. Not getting much sleep some nights from reading or watching videos. It’s okay to take breaks but not working for a day or two can put you in a mindset where you say ” oh It can wait” and it ends up not getting done all. But if it’s what you love to do, it will flow like water. Whatever you want in life will be a constant grind, I fail a lot and I learn from the mistakes, and I learned that everything will not go my way. But no matter how hard you fall you have to get up stronger. When you don’t work on the weekend all your doing is putting yourself behind. While the 1 percent is progressing. Every day should involve some type of progress. I take breaks but I’ve removed not working for two days. Because when I do that it’s hard to come back on Monday. But this is just my opinion. A lot of people think taking a break on the weekend is good. But legacy drives me more than anything.

kalynnrock said...
kalynnrock, Victorville, California
@Jorrdan_writes writes good job :>