The Democratic Party | Teen Ink

The Democratic Party

February 7, 2018
By ed_the_pot8to BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
ed_the_pot8to BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Most Americans vote without knowing what Republicans or Democrats stand for and they’re opinions. Democrats are peaceful leaders who support LGBTQ, and think guns should be banned. While Republicans want to change laws to traditional ways like banning gay marriage, they think men and women only should be allowed to marry, and people have a right to firearms like guns. Moreover people should vote for Democrats because of their support on LGBTQ and opinion on firearms.

     

Democrats have a strong opinion on LGBTQ marriage. They think that every person has a right to marry the person they love. People should have the right to marry who they love without people judging them. That’s why we have the Gay Parade too to support people in the LGBT community who want to marry who they want. In a website they stated that “Democrats applaud last year’s decision by the Supreme Court that recognized that LGBT people like other Americans have the right to marry the person they love” LGBT Community - Democrats: Change that Matters This shows us that Democrats agree that people should be able to marry whoever they want. So people should vote for Democrats because of their support on LGBT marriage.

    

Democrats think guns should be banned and that we need stronger laws, and background checks, and to close dangerous loopholes in our own current laws. One would think that because so many families suffer from gun violence that they would be banned but they’re still trying. In a website they stated “The Democratic Party hopes to “focus on effective enforcement of existing laws, especially strengthening our background check system, and work together to enact common sense improvements like reinstating the assault weapons ban and closing the gun show loophole so that guns do not fall into the hands of those irresponsible, law-breaking few.”  This shows us that Democrats believe our laws should strengthen because of the gun violence and that guns are falling into the wrong hands. So people should vote on Democrats because of opinion of firearms.

   

I understand the Republicans view on firearms. They believe people should have the right to have a gun because it is the second amendment and it states “"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." This shows us that guns are a right to people and it can’t be taken away from them. But the amount of gun violence that’s been happening is really terrible and people should be assured that they are in a safe environment. The Republican view on marriage is they want it to go back to traditional way were men and women would marry. While I understand they’re viewpoint, people should be allowed to marry whoever they love or want. People can not take their right to marry whoever they want.

 

In conclusion, people should vote for a Democratic party because of their support in LGBT communities/marriage, and their opinion on firearms/guns. People have rights that cannot be taken away from them, but in such ways gun violence is a crime and its not right for people to misuse their power. While in marriage people are and should be allowed to marry someone they love it’s a right that should not be taken away from people.


The author's comments:

This is an arguementative essay.