Turning Point | Teen Ink

Turning Point

January 28, 2018
By A.E.ZADEH SILVER, Tarzana, California
A.E.ZADEH SILVER, Tarzana, California
7 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't like me? Go have a seat with the rest of the brothers, waiting for me to care.


In my life, I have experienced many incidents that others would consider “Turning Points”. From traveling to many different countries in the world, to working with millionaires, I can firmly say that 2017 has been the biggest turning point in my life. Before I started to write, I asked myself what really is a turning point? In my opinion, a turning point can be any given day that changes your life. I feel as if that definition relates to every day of my life, and for that reason, I deem 2017 (the year) my biggest turning point. During the Journey that was 2017, I not only was the happiest I have ever been, but also I have realized that not everything is in my hands, but in the hands of God.

 

In 2017 I have grown my spirituality and connected with my religion in ways I have never done before. I believe that the reason I have become more religious is because everything is so much easier than previous years in my life. I am gifted with so many amazing things in my life and understanding that, makes me appreciate life and thank God for all that I have. I go to an amazing school, I have people that care about me,  have filled my life with the most real people, and I am learning every single day, which I enjoy very much.

 

Next, in the year of 2017, I have been my happiest self. I also believe that due to my leisurely lifestyle I have gained a sense of relaxation, and if I dare happiness, that I have not had in past years. What I need to do is embrace my happiness and not start to complain about the little things that go wrong in life. When I first came to my school, I immediately realized that many people were spoiled. They would complain about the most minuscule of things that would not even concern me. I told myself that if I were to attend this amazing institution, I would not fall into the spoiled mindset that I initially hated.


My philosophy is that every year that I live, I want to improve, and that intuition eventually makes my goals come to fruition. 2017 was a turning point in my life, but simply because every year, I will be better than the last, and it is all due to the driving force that is my wanting to live life to the fullest.


The author's comments:

This is the Truth. The way people become successful in life is having that mindset of, "I will achieve my goals, and I will start now".