Reflection Essay | Teen Ink

Reflection Essay

January 25, 2018
By Noah_muhlhausen SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Noah_muhlhausen SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
If it won't get better don't make it worse


While growing up I moved around a lot. I have lived nine different homes/apartments. Out of those nine able to decorate my room. It was a magical experience changing how I feel about many another thing like cleaning and organizing. After realizing how much fun it was picking what my room theme was and then changing it 500 times, I decided this is what I want to do for a living. That’s why I want to be an interior designer because I’m not very good at much, I’m very organized, and I’ll have a lot of free time.


Being the person that I mean I’m not very good at much. When I was in 8th grade I was pretty good at writing so I said to myself I want to be an author After a couple of google searches of what’s it’s like to be an author and how hard it is to get noticed or at least live a life where you can live and not have to worry about if you I’m going to eat I decided that's not the job for me. After that, I decided that maybe I should try something else. I looked at sports and that on only took me one lap around the track to say heck to the no. So with sports and writing out of the competition I asked what’s next and up came being a lawyer. What could go wrong I thought. Then I realized how much I need to know and how to use the knowledge I know in the real world. I don’t know how to do that. I know school is supposed to teach me that, but so far the only thing I know how to do is find the side length of a triangle a.k.a Pythagorean theorem. The only thing I could probably do is keep my papers in order because I’m such an organized person. 


While we’re on the subject of me being organized let’s elaborate on it. I feel as if I’m organized due to the fact I have three rooms. Due to this, I have to keep them all neat and organized or else I won’t be able to find anything. Along with keeping my room very organized I keep my dog's toys and her treats organized so she can find them. The last thing I have to have in tip-top shape is the little bin in science with markers and colored pencils and they need to be organized or I can’t focus. It’s difficult to focus when someone keeps putting the caps of makers on different makers, which drives me insane. In science, we do a lot of experiments and I thinks it’s my favorite part. When get older I hope that I will have free time to do stuff I love.


Another great thing about becoming an interior designer is that I should have a lot of free time. With that free time, I will be able to write some stories or even a book which would be nice. I know I didn’t want to be an author, but I would still like to write in my free time. Who knows what I’ll write about, maybe it will be the pets. I hopefully have which will also take up a lot of my free time. I would like a have 2 cats one named butter and the other cream. My reason is it sounds cute and I think a cat named butter is adorable. When my friends, that I will hopefully have, come over they will see my adorable little cats. When they come in hopefully they will see how beautifully decorated my house is.


When I invite people over they won’t see any shiny trophies or awards, because I probably still won’t be good at anything. My house will be organized and clean due to all the free time I have. At the end of the day, I realize that I’m the wife from any house renovation show.