My Future | Teen Ink

My Future

January 25, 2018
By sierrak SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
sierrak SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
8 articles 4 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent." -Madeline Albright


When I was born, my umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck, so tightly that I was purple and extremely close to dying. On top of me almost dying, my mom bled so much that she had to go into surgery. Somehow she still had this undying love, for someone who technically almost killed her. I don’t understand how she did, after all, she did miss her favorite TV show. I want to know what a love as strong as that, feels like. I want to be a mother. Having children, preferably three is my major life choice. Mainly because of a few reasons, everyone that I know, that is a mom, says it’s great. Children are extremely fun, and they have incredible minds. Last, but definitely not least, I want to raise and create someone wonderful.


This brings me to the first point, everybody who I know, that is a mom, loves it! I’m pretty sure that is from something super cool called microchimerism. Basically, when women are pregnant some of the baby’s cells travel into their heart and brain. That is why mothers and their babies have such a good bond. Also, babies and children are extremely adorable, so that also probably has something to do with it. My mother says that having children gives her life purpose and a responsibility that she always has to focus on. This isn’t something to quite go off of because not everybody's experiences are the same.


Kids have incredible minds; therefore, this brings me to my next point. Kids are actually very good teachers, whether it’s logical things they learn at school, or just life lessons that they teach without meaning to. They teach things in a very fun way, without all the boring classrooms. One of the reasons their minds are so fabulous is the fact that society hasn’t quite gotten to change them. They aren’t born with qualities that quite a lot of adults have, like racism, misogyny, and sexism. They’re taught these things throughout their lives, they aren’t born knowing what these mean. Lastly, Akrit Jaswal was a seven year old physician, surgeon, and university student. He was a child prodigy in India, he did his first surgery on an eight year old girl whose fingers were burnt together. He is now twenty four and extremely successful. Now, even if my kids don’t turn out to be like Akrit, or my experience isn’t quite delightful, there’s still one last reason.


Lastly, I want to raise and create someone wonderful. There are endless possibilities and endless outcomes. My child could turn out to be any of the following: a surgeon, a firefighter, a teacher, a therapist, and more. As they are growing up, I’ll help them when it’s needed and/or wanted. I’ll do my best to give them a great life, whether it’s easy or not. I would be very grateful and happy if my children turn out like Jackson and Tristan Kelly, who are eleven and nine. The two boys noticed that a lot of children didn’t have any school supplies, or backpacks. For Christmas, they decided to give fifty dollars of their own money, and their parents also gave fifty dollars each. Since 2009, they have donated four hundred backpacks filled to the brim with school supplies. In the end, all I want is for my children to have a beautiful life, and to have great morals.


Those are the three main reasons to why I want children, the mom life is supposedly great, children have amazing minds, and I want to raise and create someone wonderful. That is why my major life choice is to have children, more specifically three children. Being a mom would give a purpose to my life that I have never had, it would give me something to look forward to each and every day. I want to have that undying love, like my mom has, even if I almost die. Ruth Bader Ginsburg once said, “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent.” I want to be able to create independent, beautiful, strong minded children. In the end, I have to ask one last question, does this really make my heart smile?