Behind These Hazel Eyes | Teen Ink

Behind These Hazel Eyes

January 18, 2018
By onelove19 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
onelove19 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
16 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My mother and I were blessed with our eyes. My mother’s eyes are hazel, both dark and light. Mine are also hazel—the color that resembles my mother. My eyes, often confused with a combination of a green and grey tint. Others, are a homogenous mixture like the silky elmer’s glue. Both eyes are unlike the majority of my family.


My mother’s eyes, my mother’s eyes release her tender and warm personality. Looking into her eyes, you’ll get a glance of her true self—welcoming like the walmart greeter. Her hugs like a blanket, wrapping you with her tender love. One example of how the eyes truly show her personality. But my eyes reveal my sweet, friendly personality. For me, mornings are the perfect time of day. During the mornings, my energy is high—like a precious puppy. But my mother, my mother, silently sleeps, yet somewhat tender and loving. The look in our eyes assures you of our tender, and friendly persona. My mother’s eyes reveal her true personality, like caramel. But my eyes also reveal my true personality, like a docile infant. Our personalities combined create a painting—telling you our story.