Meadowview, My Home | Teen Ink

Meadowview, My Home

By pnb.luis BRONZE, Sacramento, California
pnb.luis BRONZE, Sacramento, California

Sacramento is beautiful place to live the neighborhoods. Light traffic on some days. Even my neighborhood Meadowview it’s quiet not that much violence i live in a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house. Always sunny the neighbors are nice. The air scent is pleasant. The cops never have a problem with anybody in our hood.

I would be lying to myself if i said that was true. In my neighborhood there is gun violence, police problems. Those 2 together are not a good combination. We also have horrible drug use in Meadowview people are getting killed over drugs and by drugs. The streets are filled with garbage and it fills up the gutters. Drive by’s are known in my hood lots of young folks joining gangs.

The issues we have in Meadowview are young people are killing each other. Mostly over hoods they claim or money or drugs. We also have a problem with the police not a lot of people really like them there always arresting someone or raiding houses or pulling someone over and our hood don’t like that. When we hear about police brutality that’s when we come together. We have run down houses that are boarded up and the homeless community uasually live in them.

There’s a lot of problems in Meadowview but at the end of the day it’s still my home.