What Writing Is to Me | Teen Ink

What Writing Is to Me

January 11, 2018
By PaperEater5000 BRONZE, Decatur, Illinois
PaperEater5000 BRONZE, Decatur, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

When I write, it is usually for a class. To me, writing is something you do to express your feelings and say what you would not say normally. I am not big on talking about my feelings and what is going on in my life. This makes it difficult to share my thoughts and write them down. I think that is why I like music so much; it expresses how I feel without me having to say it or write it down.


When I write for school, I will do my best and forget about it after I turn it in. I usually do not care for the topics given to me. I can easily write a story about some random character doing random things, but when I have to fit in certain events or people, I lose interest and cannot get the words out.


Writing is unimportant to me not as a life skill, but as a career choice. I know I will not become a writer later in life and that affects my attitude toward writing.


Writing is a skill that everyone should have, but not everyone will enjoy. Sometimes I can sit down with a sketchbook and draw for hours, but only when what I am drawing interests me. In the same way, I can sit down and write for a while, but only if the topic interests me.


In conclusion, writing is unimportant to me because that is not what I want to do with my life. Writing for school may not be the most fun thing in the world, but it is something that everyone needs to know how to do.


The author's comments:

This was an assignment.