My Brother Bhumi | Teen Ink

My Brother Bhumi

By YB_BEAST BRONZE, Berkeley, California
YB_BEAST BRONZE, Berkeley, California

I was 11 years old and in fifth grade when my brother, Bhumi was born. Even though I was at my Grandma’s house when Bhumi was born, my mom called me and I was really excited. When Bhumi was little my family would joke that he would be the heaviest baby and break a world record. I hoped that Bhumi would get lots of money when he is older and buy me a narwhal tank. But so far this hasn't happened. Although I love Bhumi and being a big brother, it has its pros and cons.

First of all, it’s surprising to be an only child for 11 years and then suddenly get a brother, and I was shocked. My parents are always tired from working or taking care of Bhumi. They used to have more time to do other things.

Bhumi does lots of crazy things. It’s pretty shocking to have a brother who wakes up at 4:30 and stabs you with a screwdriver. Another time I had just got a shot and he stabbed me! Bhumi now takes bookmarks out of my books too.

Bhumi is very cute, and this almost makes up for his questionable behavior. Everything Bhumi says is cute, especially when he screams brother or pancake. I also get into places for little people; for example when we were at the Discovery Museum, there was a toddler area that I got into because I was “supervising” Bhumi. Bhumi also gets me lots views and subs on YouTube, and even though most of my videos aren’t about Bhumi, him dabing and talking are some of peoples favorites.

Now that I’m a big brother, I have to be quiet after 7:00 since Bhumi is sleeping, and there are traces of Bhumi everywhere. Multiple times I have stepped on a block or train. My life has changed a lot, but Overall I rate Bhumi a 9/10 and am going to keep him.