Losing My Hero | Teen Ink

Losing My Hero

I woke up one morning with a text on my phone. It was my boyfriend. He told me he had gotten into an accident, and he wanted to see me. I made my mom drive me to the hospital minutes after receiving the text. When I got there, a nurse took me to his room. There, he was laying in a hospital bed. Lifeless. When I asked the nurse what happened, she told me that he suddenly died of a heart attack, when he was told he 6 days to live. To this day, I believe he died of a broken heart. He repeatedly told me, he couldn't live without me. He had been my Hero. We had been together for 3 years. And in those 3 years, I realized something; he was the only one who needed me. And I needed him. December 22, 2015, I lost my best friend, my Hero, and most importantly, the love of my life. I will always love you. Brian, born May 31, 1998-December 22nd, 2017. Rest in piece love.

Brian was my life. But I now know, that he was sick when he texted me. He had cancer. He was dying and didn't want to tell me until it was too late. Everyday I wish he was still here, but he is no longer in pain. My heart goes out to everyone who is or knows someone who is suffering. May God be with you.