Getting Lost | Teen Ink

Getting Lost

By James Brians BRONZE, Tool, Texas
James Brians BRONZE, Tool, Texas

Where did everyone go?What was I going to do?I didn’t know anyone and I didn’t know where I was!

In fifth grade,I heard that if you were in choir then you could go to six flags.Since I've never been,I knew this would be my big shot.When I got home I rushed to my parents to ask.I was already taking piano lessons so they had to take it into consideration because it would be more money.Finally they said yes,but i had to hurry and turn it in or all the spots would be filled.Only twenty people were able to go.

In about two months we were going from contest to contest.We were the best in our district and it was time for the big show to finally come.At six flags they set up a huge stage and behind it they had a waiting and a warm up room.The first group was on the stage and the second group was in the warm up room.Everyone was freaking out because we’ve never been front of a crowded this big.

Finally it was time for us to warm up.But for some odd reason everyone sounded horrible.Our choir teacher started freaking out.We had never been this bad before.We were better at the beginning of the year.Where did it all go wrong.But it was too late and practice anymore.so we went on stage a sang our hearts out.We didn’t do as good as we could of or should've done,but at least it was better than nothing.

We ended up getting third out of fifth-teen schools.After that part of our day we got to go around at have fun for the rest of the day.Since none of us were old enough to be by ourselves,we had groups.I got put in a group with all girls,and of course they were too scared to go on any rides.So ride after ride we passed since they were too scared.Then one of the other groups mom asked if I wanted to be in it before they left.And i got so happy since they were not scared.We went on the Titan,Texas Giant,and a hole bunch more.But the most important thing
is that they bought me pizza.It was huge and really good.Sadly though,it was time for them to leave.Which meant going back to my old boring group.I was so sad that they had to leave but I had to listen to the adults.We met up with my old group and carried on our way.

Since I was also shy,I did not want to ask if I could go on a ride with one of the chaperones.But at the same time I really wanted to have fun at the best park ever.When i finally built my courage up I asked to go on the mini mine train.And surprisingly she said yes.I got excited again,maybe I would had fun today!

I trouble keeping up with my group.They would just wonder of when would wait in.Finally,I had enough.I asked nicely with a little anger in my voice if i could go on this small ride.They said yes but just to makes it quick.When the line was gone I got on and it started rocking.Then when I looked up i saw them walking away.I started panicking.I didn’t know what to do or where to go.I went to a food stand and told them that i was lost.He got on a walkie talkie and murmured something to it then told me to stay their.

When the lady came and got me i wanted to cry.I thought my group had already left.When they announced I was found my grouo came and got me.Everyone was so worried,but luckily I was found in the end.