My World | Teen Ink

My World

December 15, 2017
By poetry_ally BRONZE, Redlands, California
poetry_ally BRONZE, Redlands, California
3 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
life is funnier with friends


This song reminded me of my damaged life, like when my stepfather left. He never said anything. One day, he just disappeared like he never existed. The same thing happened with my biological father. It just always seemed like it was my fault that they were gone. No matter what I did or how I acted everyone would leave. This has caused me to stop trusting people and has led me into depression. It has affected me that I’ve grown up without a father because  my mother is always working, which she is, that just leaves me to be consumed with pain and sorrow and it has.

Welcome to my world
Where everyone I ever need
Always ends up leaving me alone
Another lesson burned
And I'm drowning in the ashes
Kicking
Screaming
Welcome to my world

These particular lyrics speak my mind for every lingering second of each day. I have been hurt so many times that this song brings me hope and comfort even though it is filled with anger and bitterness. I need this hope because after years of curiosity eating away at me, I have found my biological father. When someone you love abandons your life, people tell you how to go on without them, but they do not tell you what to do or how to feel if you find them again. For years this song is what saved me from my painful reality, I just hope it gives me the strength to finally face my father for the first time in twelve years.