Creep | Teen Ink

Creep

By poetry_ally BRONZE, Redlands, California
poetry_ally BRONZE, Redlands, California

life is funnier with friends

Break ups. These things happen and when they did I would do what I usually did. I would eat junk food, cry, listen to my break up playlist and maybe watch some romantic or kid movies that would cheer me up.  I have heard so many different stories on this particular subject, but none like mine. It was the same old story, a boy and girl like each other which led to dating. We dated for a month and I loved him, but he started to be distant. That's when she came into the picture. She was a year younger and he started showing her around. I thought we could all be friends, until one day she came to me as she wept. He told her he would cheat and then he tried to kissed her. I knew she was being sincere.A thousand feelings were rushing through my head as I held back my tears that were building up inside me. All I knew for certain was we needed to talk. I told him to meet me after school, but he told me he went home to kill himself. I called the  police even though, I could hardly speak or even move. They got there in time, but it still wasn’t over. After I called, his mother would text or call me thats its my fault and I should be ashamed of myself. She was right, I didn’t go anywhere except school for a while. He came back and forgot everything. He couldn’t even look at me and there were so many rumors so my friends treated me like he did. It even made me switch schools.  This song was the only song I could listen to that would make me feel better and after you go through something like this it's hard to feel better. This song is about not believing you are good enough. After this,especially with what his mom said,that's what I believe. I am terrified for what future relations bring me, but maybe this song will save me from my own fear. It helps me go back to who I was and I hope go back to being that girl because she is the real me. Right at the moment, she is just invisible, a freak or in other words a creep.