Frosted Coffin | Teen Ink

Frosted Coffin

The gleam of night on the long, dark highway glistens on the roof of her car. The tears streaming down her cheeks reflects any light visible in the loomy atmosphere. The wind whistling outside the car window grew stronger with each passing through the windy road. The rattling of the tires squealing against the road grew in the background, behind each sniffle of her nose. The bitter scent of cold coffee filled her nose. With a slight right, the ramp led her down to red light, where she waited anxiously to move. Looking out the window, she could suddenly see a frosted coffin below the crescent moon in the midst of winter. The trees peered to the sight of gathered peoples standing in the cloudy, frigid weather. All which are sharing the same emotion; heartbreak. She felt as if she was standing on the edge of a cliff, about to fall into nothing. The darkness had made its way around the earth and into her presence. An arch in the distance lit up the way with shiny, gloomy flowers. The piercing, icy air took the youth of the grass leading up to the side of her car. Watching the military salute the frosten coffin away was the last thing she saw before the light turned green.