Badabababa Am I Really Lovin’ It? | Teen Ink

Badabababa Am I Really Lovin’ It?

By tinamezquita BRONZE, Harvey, Louisiana
tinamezquita BRONZE, Harvey, Louisiana

Children eating chicken nuggets at the place with a big “M” sign while playing on the big jungle gym, the dream for a six year old. But for me, the dream turned into a nightmare. One moment my butt sits in the chair and my feet flat on the ground, the next, my body sprawls out on the cold, hard floor; everything on my right side shaking. Grammy trying to remain calm, which is not a virtue she possesses. I try to speak, but no words form or leave my mouth. Person after person asking, “What can I do? Can I help?” Grammy answers, “Nothing. No,” while I remain seizing on the ground. Grammy drives me to her house; when we arrive, she dials her phone. Mom comes and meets us at Grammy’s house.  Next, I see the ceiling of a car. I must be in a car again. Whose car? I haven’t the foggiest.We drive across the river to get to the hospital. The seizures keep coming one after the other, seizing starts, seizing stops, seizing starts, seizing stops. My left side stationary while my right side convulses and spasms. My dad leaves work and meets my mom and me at the hospital. My parents rush me into the emergency room, but the receptionist tells us we have to wait. So, we sit down and listen for the nurse to call my name. As my dad holds me in his lap, I begin to seize again. The nurses immediately take me and put me into a bed. The doctor’s medicate me and try to stop my fit. This medicine, that medicine; nothing seems to be working. Every medicine they give me either makes me hallucinate or enrage. I saw beautiful butterflies, unicorns, and rainbows one moment, and the next instant, I hated my parents and even kicked them to make them go away. My parents grow tired of nothing seeming to work. My dad sneaks me out of the hospital. He puts me in the car and drives around, and I fall asleep. The next day, I wake up and I decide it is time to leave. I get out of the bed and run away. I get into the elevator in an attempt to escape. My parents and doctors finally get a hold of me. We eventually leave the hospital, but I scream, kick, and cry the whole way home. Thankfully, I start acting like myself the next day. But, the whole experience scared me and my parents. I had seizures before this day, but this day everything changed. At as little as six, I realized that, yes, I have seizures, but they will not stop me from achieving my goals. The chance of having a seizure has never stopped me from pursuing my dreams and trying my hardest. Even with seizures, I receive good grades, participate and lead in numerous clubs, and strive to be a true, honest friend. My seizures do not hold me back and do not give me a pass to lower my standards for myself. Even with the difficulties that come with seizures, I will achieve my goals.