Shocker | Teen Ink

Shocker

November 29, 2017
By Anonymous

One day I was sitting at a window thinking, thinking about why I should even really exist.

 

Not that I don’t like my life. I love my friends and family. Even my boyfriend Matt. I just wasn’t sure I was ready to turn 16. Turning 16 means way more responsibility and high-school already gives me enough of that. I just wanted to relax and not have to worry for a while. I would rather write my music and just listen to it. My name is Dani, youngest of all siblings, ruler of the car radio because no one has ever even heard of Coldplay, and I live for music.


My generation is too worried about their phones and who the newest rapper is, but all I need for happiness are my friends, family, Matt and a notebook and pencil. I know I probably sound crazy and even idiotic. However, I am just ready to leave high-school and prove who the prom queen doesn't matter. I’m not trying to be stereotypical or judge my generation; but if you really stop to pay attention. I’m sure you could hardly see a teen’s face behind their phones. All you'd see is their judging eyes and brutal mouths.


I’m aware I still have a lot of time to use in my lifetime and many years to make many decisions. However, I am ready now. Now is today, and tomorrow starts today. Tomorrow is just today's results. I was your average teenager, minus my weird personality. I had long brown hair that ran down my back as well as deep brown eyes, anyone could get lost in. I was tall, thin, and athletic. I was a mix of every stereotype you could think of in high school.


I wasn’t perfect or the prom queen or even the most popular girl in school. I was just a nobody to most people except my family, friends, and Matt. Though everyone around me would tell me otherwise, I knew it well enough to know. My life was nothing to anyone who didn’t know me. So basically, 98% of the human population.


The author's comments:

This is a look into a teens life behind the shut doors and iphones. This is what can happen...with the right and wrong decisions put into a story with a girl named Dani.