Hiding

Hiding. One word that describes a lot of teens' lives. So many experiences that involve hiding, some good some bad. One thing I have learned is that hiding is never enjoyable. My life never fails in the best moments to crash and burn. When one thing good happens and you take one step forward, something makes you take two steps back. If you can count on more than one hand how many good things you have in your life consider yourself lucky. So many bad things happen to everyone and I'm no exception, bad things happen and what is most comforting to me is when I tell myself it can't get worse. I tell myself a lie to make me feel better until the lies prove me wrong and everything does get worse. For some reason, it seems like I'm a joke, maybe its because I take harsh things lightly and I joke around about not being suicidal, not being depressed, not being upset the list could go on and on. When I first told someone about something truly tragic that no one should ever have to experience they told me I was exaggerating and I was too young to trust. They got away with doing something they should never have, something that nobody would suspect happened to me, I'm too innocent. You are never to innocent to be suicidal, you're never too innocent to be sexually assaulted, You're never too innocent to be emotionally or physically abused. Don't let anyone ever tell you that you are too young to know what actually happened.