From Brasil to USA | Teen Ink

From Brasil to USA

When me and my family were coming from Brazil  to the United States. I was terrified. I knew it was the best for me but I didn't want to leave my family in Brazil but I needed to.

First me and my family had our last breakfast together. we had  lots of fun eating in the  morning the breakfast that they bought. After when we finished our breakfast everyone went together to the airport with us to say goodbye. We were in three cars going to the same place.  My brother and I were so exhausted that we  slept all the way to the airport. When we  woke up we were already at airport and we could see the airplanes bigger than a house. I remember the colors of the airplane like it was yesterday it was a light gray with azul written on it in a blue color. When we got our suitcases to go into the airport I remember my parents breaking into tears,  but they knew it was the best decision for us. We all hugged each other me,my brother, my parents, my grandparents…

Then there we went to the airplane the first time for me, my mom, and my brother, my dad came to USA before.  When we got to the plane I was feeling like that was a dream but it wasn't a dream I was like is this really happening? And it was.The plane was getting off I felt like my body was hold back and it was weird. We went from one plane to another 3time. on the second one I got sick and didn't know what to do. When we were lending  I got scared I didn't know anyone I was going to see right at that moment but my dad knew the person that we were going to see but still I didn't know how that was going to be.

We finally  landed and we went to get are suitcases but we didn't find them. We saw my Dad's friend and we went to say hi and said that we lost your suitcases and we didn't know what to do because we didn't speak English. My Dad's friend went to a spot and told them that we didn't find are suitcases and we figured it out that ur suitcases end it up going somewhere else and we got them just 3 weeks later. We stayed at my Dad's friend house for two days and then we went to Nantucket. It was the first time that I ever saw my aunt that I didn't see it  since I was born. And I remember looking at my mom hugging her and I was like who is she why is my mom crying like crazy and then I realized It that was my aunt.

Looking back at that moment to see how I feel now I still feel sad and happy at the same time. I feel happy because I met some people and I feel sad because I miss my family and my friends in Brazil.