The Pumpkin Patch Disater | Teen Ink

The Pumpkin Patch Disater

By Willlllllll BRONZE, Portland, Oregon
Willlllllll BRONZE, Portland, Oregon

One day I went to the Pumpkin Patch with my family. We bought very big pumpkins that were as big as my face and I went to a petting zoo. My mom bought me a giant elephant ear covered in butter and cinnamon sugar.

While I was there I saw the piles of hay. I thought it would be very fun to play on the hay bales. I looked around and saw all the other kids playing on the hay bales too. So I decided to go play on them.

“Be safe,” said my mom.

After a while of jumping and climbing the little stacks I decided that I want to climb something else, something bigger. I saw the giant haystack in the middle of all of the small ones. I decided to climb it. When I got to the top I felt like I was so high up, on top of the world. I could look at everything in the pumpkin patch and look down to see the kids below me.

“Wow,” I said in awe.

Then after feeling so good about myself I decided to go toward the edge. When I was walking toward the edge I tripped over one of the bungee cords that was holding the hay bales together. I went flying through the sky. I landed on the ground in complete agony. I realized that my arm was hurting the most. Luckily for me, there was a doctor right next to me when I landed.

“Are you ok,” asked the doctor.

“I’m am ok but my arm hurts a lot,” I said.

The doctor discovered that I had broke my arm and I had to wear a cast for the next month. Later that month we went to Disneyland. I couldn’t go on some of my favorite rides because of my broken arm. One of those rides was splash mountain. I couldn’t go on it because my cast was not waterproof. For the rest of my trip I dragged myself around the theme park looking at all the rides I couldn’t go on. The morale of my story is that I should be safe and not do anything stupid because it may impact what I am doing in the future.

I fell off a haystack.