My First Rollercoaster | Teen Ink

My First Rollercoaster

By Calvin2004 BRONZE, Portland, Oregon
Calvin2004 BRONZE, Portland, Oregon

On one sunny sunday my dad and I went to my friend Mnason’s house with my dad to pick Mnason up and go to Oaks Amusement Park. Before we got there we stopped at a park near  Oaks Amusement Park and played catch with a football. After we were done we were finally on our way to Oaks Amusement Park. Once we got there we got wristbands to go on any rides except for the bumper cars and mini golf. After we went on a couple of rides like the tilt-a-whirl, the scrambler, zero gravity, and disko we looked up and saw a biggest, loudest, most loop-de-dooped rollercoaster ever.

My dad said, “You guys wanna go on that?” Mnason and I looked at each other and it seems like we connected telepathically and we both said, “No thanks, maybe later,” at the exact same time after couple of seconds had gone by. After that, we went on a couple kiddy rides, then got slushies and popcorn after the rides we went on. After that we were on our way going out of the Amusement park and my dad suggested going on the coaster one last time.

He said, “It will be fun,” so Mnason and I said, “Fine” mopily and slumpy after a little while. We walked up to the rollercoaster, stared it down, took a deep breath, and walked up the stairs up to the back of the line to go on the rollercoaster. It was a ten minute wait and once the depressed and emotionless employee there told us it was our turn we walked up and we each sat down.

This was an experience of my first rollercoaster and to encourage people not to be scared of anything.