Disorganized | Teen Ink

Disorganized

By Lillian1304 BRONZE, Beaverton, Oregon
Lillian1304 BRONZE, Beaverton, Oregon

I am a very neat and organized person about ninety-eight percent of the time. However, this story took place in that two percent of disorganized chaos. My room was a mess and a half. Blankets, clothes, and books everywhere. I kept saying to myself, “you don't have time to clean up”. I had stayed up very late finishing all my homework and the finishing the fine details of an essay due the next day. Those last few hours of being awake are kind of a blur. All I remember was setting my alarm, turning of my lights, and instantly falling asleep once my head hit the pillow. That was the most restless sleep I can remember; felt as if I had only blinked. I was in denial that the four and a half hours I had before my alarm went off had come so soon. I pried my eyes open and began to get ready for school. The first thing I do in the morning is pack my backpack while using Google Classroom as a checklist to make sure I didn't forget anything. Everything was going smoothly until it was time for me to put the printed essay I spent a long time editing, into my bag. At first I was calm, but when I couldn't find it sitting out in the open my heart began beating faster and faster, and my breathing began to quicken.

My mom walked into my room and asked me what was wrong. My exact words were “I ..I.lo..lost my essay.”
My mom said, “I'll help you look so you can find it faster.”
My mom thought it was hand written because of what a big deal i was making. We spent the almost the whole morning looking for it.
About five minutes before we needed to go my sister walks in my room and she said “why don’t you print another one?”

I looked at my mom and said, “Oh, ya I could do that” while a flush of relief and embarrassment came over me when i heard her say that.

I printed another copy with my mom and sister looking over my shoulder. With two minutes to spare before we had to run out the door. I ended up going to school with my new essay and unbrushed hair.  When I got home i found my original essay, on my desk under where I was packing up my things. I learned that I need to stay more organized in my room and with my school work.