A Letter

As I lie awake I think of anything and everything yet so little is written down on paper. Why? Is it because putting all your hopes, dreams, thoughts, and fears down on a piece of paper just makes you realize how hard you’re going to have to work to get what you want or how scared you are that once you get it, you’re still not happy. Or even makes you see how weak you are and that your tough persona is just an act to make it through the day. In your brain, a thought just passes but on paper it becomes real. And I don’t like reality. As much as I love to say I do, I don’t. I love the fake fantasy that I as a writer have created for your readers to believe in and it’s a way to escape as well. No one likes to be in their mind when all it does is tear you apart. Even me writing this filling is me with anxiety just on the sheer fact that now it’s on paper. The greatest writers are the best because in truth they are the worst mentally. They have been through so many hardships that most can never understand truly. And usually, writers have to turn to paper in the time of need, no matter how many people we’re surrounded by. Paper is our friend and our worst enemy in a beautifully dangerous mixture. But as many times as writers get rejected by what’s on our pieces of paper a true writer never ceases to amaze themselves with what the fear pushes us to become.

Sincerely,
A Misunderstood Writer