Listenig to Music While Writing | Teen Ink

Listenig to Music While Writing

By valeriemaarie BRONZE, Saginaw, Texas
valeriemaarie BRONZE, Saginaw, Texas

I don’t understand why Mrs.Gilbreath  doesn’t allow us to listen to music while writing in english class. Studies show that listening to music can improve the ability to write a good informative essay. One reason why I believe we should be able to listen to music is because it helps me focus a lot better, and it might helps others as well. And while listening to classical music, it could make the paper make more sense, rather than it being all over of the place.

Most people might have the ability to work without listening to music while writing. But for the people that need it, it makes it easier to write. I don’t know if she knows this but its defiantly something she should look into! 
Almost every study I (Irmia) have looked at found music with lyrics hindered concentration and productivity. I see it as we should be allowed to music. But for some reason, Mrs. Gilbreath wont allow it. Part of me understands where she is coming from when she says "Take 50 minutes out of your 24 hour day and take out your earbuds" Some kids might not complete the assignment for that day while other might complete the assignment. 

In conclusion, music is a stress reliever for most people and that’s the first thing people go to when they are stressed out or they need to concentrate on something important. 

my english teacher doesnt allow us to listening to music while writing!!!